To create an alert when an up/down or a direction warning is being plotted just follow these steps. To have multiple alerts you might need to upgrade your Tradingview plan.
- Click on the alert tab on Tradingview (right sidebar)
- Add an alert (+ button on the upper right side of your screen)
- Select the indicator you purchased and then the type of signal you want, in the example it’s a UP(old buy) alert
- You MUST use these settings here: Greater Than -> Value -> 0.9 (When the condition is true it turns to 1, and goes back to 0)
- This is a personal choice, it really depends on your strategy but the most popular choice is Once Per Bar or Once Per Bar Close
- Remember that if you don’t set a date properly your alert might not work. A lot of people forget this.
- Select what type of alert you want (SMS require the paid version of Tradingview)
Thank you for reading.